Application Software Engineer - Robotics
- Posted in Join Hstar - Make a Difference
Robotics Application Software Engineer
Posting Date: Jan 27, 2016
Job Location: US - MA - Burlington
Regular/Temp: Regular (Full Time)
A Robotics Software Engineer position is available at Hstar Technologies, Burlington, MA.
Hstar is developing cutting edge robotic systems that complement and extend human capabilities, with particular emphasis the delivery of high quality, affordable healthcare. A rapidly growing company, Hstar is building upon technologies developed through advanced research and development to create industry-leading commercial products.
We seek strong candidates in robotics application software engineering and development to join our talented team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This job position is to design, implement, and test robotics algorithms in C++ and Python for medical & service robotics applications. We are looking for software engineers with broad experience on real robot platforms and a deep background in the following areas: navigation, motion planning, and robot perception. Successful candidates will work individually and in small teams to develop solutions and robot capabilities for our autonomous mobile base and mobile manipulators.
Skills & Requirements:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field;
- 3+ year of software engineering experience;
- Experience with C++ and/or Python in a Linux Environment;
- Experience in robot navigation, motion planning, or perception;
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS);
- A strong engineering background with hands-on experience developing robotics systems;
- Solid analytical skills and mathematical foundation;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision;
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to learn quickly;