Mechanical Engineer - Robotics
- Posted in Join Hstar - Make a Difference
Robotics and Mechanical Engineer
Posting Date: January 20, 2017
Job Location: US - MA - Burlington
Regular/Temp: Regular (Full Time)
An "Immediate" Mechanical Engineer position in robotics and mechanical engineering design is available at Hstar Technologies, Burlington, MA (full-time). Hstar Technologies is an innovative medical robotics company headquartered in Burlington, MA. A spin-off from MIT CSAIL, Hstar is developing cutting edge robotics, virtual reality, haptics and human machine interaction technologies, as well as entertainment robotics. A rapidly growing company, Hstar is harnessing technologies developed through advanced research and development to create industry leading commercial products.
We seek strong candidates in robotics and mechanical engineering design and development to join our talented team.This position in robotics and mechanical engineering design requires:
- Robot mechanism design
- Electric motor actuator and precision gearbox design
- Design for manufacturing of production mechanical systems
- Sourcing components and working with vendors
- Assembly and machining of mechanical systems
- Hands-on experience prototyping real robots and motion control
- Ability to troubleshoot/repair/maintain a wide range of mechanical systems
- Solidworks/ ProE
The candidates for these positions should be able to work in a team environment and coordinate the robotic development efforts, including system development, integration and testing.
A Master degree with 2~3 years or B.S. with 5 years experience in Robotics Engineering such as robotic manipulator system development or equivalent is required. Experience on robotic system design, robotic sensing, actuation and system integration of robotic manipulators is highly desirable.